Vietnamese Beef Stew Recipe Easy
Learn how to make an easy and delicious Vietnamese beef stew recipe at home. This dish is perfect for a cold winter night or any time you’re craving something hearty and flavorful.
Why Make Vietnamese Beef Stew?
- You’re craving a hearty and flavorful meal.
- You don’t have a lot of time to cook.
- You’re looking for a healthy and delicious meal.
How to Make Vietnamese Beef Stew
To make this easy Vietnamese beef stew recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, for garnish
To make the stew, follow these steps:
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the beef in the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir in the beef broth, water, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until the beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the stew and cook, stirring constantly, until the stew has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.
When to Make Vietnamese Beef Stew
This stew is perfect for a cold winter night or any time you’re craving something hearty and flavorful.
Where to Make Vietnamese Beef Stew
This stew can be made on the stovetop or in a slow cooker.
Tips for Making Vietnamese Beef Stew
- If you don’t have time to brown the beef, you can skip that step and simply add the beef to the pot with the other ingredients.
- The stew will taste even better if you make it ahead of time and let it simmer for a few hours.
- Serve the stew with rice, noodles, or vegetables.
Recommendations for Vietnamese Beef Stew
- If you’re looking for a healthier version of this stew, you can use lean beef or chicken instead of beef chuck roast.
- You can also use vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
- To make the stew even more flavorful, you can add some fresh herbs, such as basil, mint, or cilantro.
This easy Vietnamese beef stew recipe is perfect for a cold winter night or any time you’re craving something hearty and flavorful. It’s simple to make and can be customized to your liking. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
vietnamese beef stew recipe easy
– 1 pound flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 cup chopped onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
– 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 pound flank steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup water
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cilantro, mint, and basil are all common herbs used in Vietnamese beef stew.
About 3 hours
Other herbs and spices that can be added to this recipe include: