Vegan Cinnamon Stars
Cinnamon stars are a traditional German Christmas cookie. They are made with a simple dough that is rolled out and cut into star shapes. The stars are then dipped in a cinnamon-sugar mixture and baked. This recipe for vegan cinnamon stars is a delicious and allergy-friendly alternative to the traditional recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan milk
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the milk and mix until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out the stars using a star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place the stars on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dip the stars in the cinnamon sugar and enjoy!
Q: Can use regular butter in this recipe?
A: No, this recipe is specifically for vegan cinnamon stars. If you would like to make a non-vegan version of this recipe, you can use regular butter instead of vegan butter.
Q: Can use a different type of flour in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of flour in this recipe. However, you may need to adjust the amount of flour used, as different types of flour have different absorption rates.
Q: Can make these stars ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make these stars ahead of time. Just bake them according to the recipe, then let them cool completely. Once they are cool, store them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Q: How long will these stars last?
These stars will last for up to 2 weeks at room temperature or for up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
- Vegan cinnamon stars are a delicious and allergy-friendly alternative to the traditional recipe.
- They are easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients.
- The dough can be made ahead of time and the stars can be baked just before serving.
- These stars are perfect for a holiday party or a special treat.
- To make the dough easier to roll out, chill it in the refrigerator for a few minutes before using.
- If you don’t have a star-shaped cookie cutter, you can use a small glass or cup to cut out the stars.
- The cinnamon-sugar mixture can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container.
These vegan cinnamon stars are a delicious and allergy-friendly alternative to the traditional recipe. They are sure to be a hit with everyone at your next holiday party!
zimtsterne rezept vegan
1 cup all-purpose flour
Yes, you can use any type of flour you like. However, if you are using a gluten-free flour, you may need to add a little more xanthan gum to help the dough come together.
Yes, you can use agave nectar instead of honey in this recipe.
Yes, you can use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour in this recipe.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown.