How to Make a Yorkshire Christmas Pie
Yorkshire Christmas Pie is a traditional British dessert made with a pastry crust filled with a mixture of dried fruits, nuts, and spices. It is often served during the holiday season, and is a popular choice for Christmas dinner or dessert.
Why Make a Yorkshire Christmas Pie?
There are many reasons to make your own Yorkshire Christmas Pie, including:
- It is a delicious and festive dessert that is perfect for the holidays.
- It is a great way to use up leftover fruits and nuts.
- It is a relatively easy dessert to make, even for beginners.
- It is a great way to show your loved ones how much you care.
How to Make a Yorkshire Christmas Pie
To make a Yorkshire Christmas Pie, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup dried fruits, such as raisins, currants, and figs
- 1 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, and almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, and water. Using your fingers, work the ingredients together until the mixture forms a crumbly dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie plate and trim the edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the dried fruits, nuts, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and milk. Brush the egg mixture over the edges of the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving.
When to Make a Yorkshire Christmas Pie
Yorkshire Christmas Pie is traditionally served during the holiday season, but it can be enjoyed any time of year. It is a great dessert for a special occasion, or for a simple weeknight meal.
How to Store and Freeze a Yorkshire Christmas Pie
Yorkshire Christmas Pie can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months. To freeze the pie, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Place the pie in a freezer-safe bag and freeze. When you are ready to eat the pie, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and then bake it according to the instructions.
Where to Buy the Ingredients for a Yorkshire Christmas Pie
You can find all of the ingredients for a Yorkshire Christmas Pie at your local grocery store. Dried fruits and nuts can be found in the baking aisle, and spices can be found in the spice aisle.
How to Make a Yorkshire Christmas Pie Without a Traditional Pie Crust
If you do not have a traditional pie crust, you can make a Yorkshire Christmas Pie without one. To do this, simply use a graham cracker crust instead.
yorkshire christmas pie recipe
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup ice water
A Yorkshire Christmas pie is a traditional British dessert made with a pastry crust filled with dried fruit, nuts, and spices. It is typically served during the Christmas season. A normal Christmas pie is a type of pie that is typically served during the Christmas season. It can be made with a variety of fillings, including fruit, meat, or vegetables.
The filling for a Yorkshire Christmas Pie is a mixture of minced beef, suet, onion, carrot, and sage.
300g (10.5oz) mincemeat
150g (5.3oz) dried cranberries
150g (5.3oz) dried apricots, chopped
150g (5.3oz) sultanas
100g (3.5oz) flaked almonds
1 tbsp brandy
1 tbsp plain flour
To make the pastry:
175g (6.1oz) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
100g (3.5oz) cold unsalted butter, diced
50g (1.8oz) lard, diced
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp cold water
Here are some tips for making Yorkshire Christmas Pie:
The filling for a Yorkshire Christmas pie is a mixture of minced beef, onion, carrot, and celery.